Friday, August 27, 2010

"Even the very wise cannot see all ends..."



So this will be my first post on an official blog… and already I find myself at a loss for words. Hmm… hopefully this feeling passes or this blog might be as short lived as my aspirations to be a pro football player. It’s not that I am not really new to writing, I love it in fact. But, I am very new to sharing anything I have written with others. I am a careful person by nature and though I have become far more outgoing and now love trying new things in many areas (traveling, sports, challenges, etc.) I have become more and more guarded with my words and especially what I write for others to see. I am reminded of the verse in Proverbs: “…life and death are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat its fruits”. I think these words were never more felt then today in our age of technology where communication through texting, facebook, twitter, and blogs happens on an hourly basis. Words have become very easy to write and, I fear, have lost much of their importance. Because of this, I had always heavily questioned if what I wanted to post was even worth the time it takes to read it. However, I have decided that even if things that I write and think about are not 100% correct in every way, maybe they can be an encouragement to someone at some point in their journey or maybe be part of my growing process similar to the one that God takes us each on as we seek to pursue Him. I am reminded of Gandalf’s quote in Lord of the Rings: “Even the very wise cannot see all ends…” and my hope is that God will use things we say in ways that aren’t even known to us at this point in our lives. If I were to go back in ten years and look at these posts I am sure I would cringe at some of the things I have written and certainly write them differently but in all that is said or discussed my earnest prayer is that God would use something to bless the life of someone else. So thank you for reading this far and I look forward to talking about the great adventure that is life in future days. Now some things to know about my writing style:

1. I occasionally try to be funny… however, this doesn’t mean it IS funny. You have every right to groan as my family does with many of my attempted jokes.

2. I love quotes, lyrics, verses, and things said by far smarter people than me so these things will appear many times as titles or cleverly inserted at other points.

3. I am usually fairly blunt and honest with what I think.

I think that is all that comes to mind for now. Oh, my first few entries will be things that I have written in years past that I don’t shudder too much when I read. So that is how things will start, enjoy the journey everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment